The Editor is responsible for all news content published in print and on the website, at a minimum of about 10,000 words monthly. The Editor coordinates with Contributors of articles and/or photographs to create content for the Deer Park Gazette for publication online and in print. The editor also performs reporting, interviews, photography, and proofreading. Accuracy and timeliness are highly important and need to be at the forefront of your mind. The ability to effectively communicate is critical.
The Deer Park Gazette has a strong online presence with articles posted online daily, Monday through Friday. The best articles and photos are then published in the once a month printed edition. This position reports directly to the Publisher/Owner. The Deer Park Gazette is a subsidiary of TRECpro LLC.
- Maintain Quality Standards
- Maintain Deadlines
- Coordinate Creation Of Content
- Coordinate Event Coverage
- Coordinate With Sales Team
- Develop/Educate Contributors
- Document Contributors Reimbursement
- Scheduling/Conduct Interviews
- Report On Local Events
- Ability to travel to cover events and conduct interviews.
- Able to work with constructive criticism.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to single-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
Bonus Points For Experience With The Following:
- G Suite Apps
- Social Media
- High School Sports
- Photography/Photo Editing
- College Degree
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a contract job working from home. Working as a contractor you will be responsible for your own taxes and insurance.
About TRECpro LLC
TRECpro is a family owned business located in the small town of Deer Park, Washington. We are growing and have work to do. As a technology company, we need people who have flexible minds to keep up with the constant changes. Our mission statement: “We want to see you succeed” applies to our clients as well as those working with us.
Send your Cover Letter, Resume, Work Samples and References to R@TREC.pro in PDF format., Within your cover letter include a list of the top 5 games you enjoy playing. Applicants meeting requirements will be contacted for an interview.